As mandated by federal law, Wellesley United Soccer Club follows a comprehensive Adult Registration and CORI/SORI security background check procedure, as well completion of a mandatory abuse prevention course, concussion training, and required policy review requirements for all adults working with children.
The process is called MA SafeSoccer and is required even if you recently did a CORI for another organization. The system Mass Youth Soccer is using is called U.S. Soccer Connect.
MA SafeSoccer Multi-Step Process- click here for detailed instructions for steps below.
Some helpful tips BEFORE STARTING:
- Be sure to use the same email address and password for ALL of your MA SafeSoccer components.
- Strongly recommend that you complete the registration on a computer as it gets involved.
- Be sure to use your full LEGAL first, middle, and last name.
- You need to have your driver’s license number and expiration date.
- You need to have a color head shot photo (under 1 MB in size) on the device you are using that can be uploaded (initial registration only, returning users' photos are stored). You will also need a photo to upload within the initial Abuse Training course.
- The selected photo must be a CLEAR, HEAD Only picture of you with NO other people in the picture, no sunglasses, no hats, and sufficiently well lit and CLOSE enough to clearly see your face. Parts of other people, including faces, arms, hands, etc. are also not allowed.
STEP 1: Annual Registration with Mass Youth Soccer, including authorization for your CORI/SORI checks and collection of fairly extensive profile information.
- Annual Registration link:https://secure.sportsaffinity.com/reg/index.asp?sessionguid=&domain=ma%2Dcori%2Eaffinitysoccer%2Ecom
- Click the Green Returning User box or use the Blue Create New Account if you have never coached with Wellesley United Soccer before. Season is Fall 2020 - Spring 2021.
- Go through the steps. You basically will be filling out forms and then choosing the green buttons to continue. If you need a help guide click: HELP GUIDE
- When completed, you will get an email confirmation from Mass Youth Soccer immediately upon registering titled: Thank You for Registering, Your Name.
STEP 2: Complete SafeSport Abuse Prevention online course
You can log in to find link to this Safesport training and Concussion training under the Certificates tab on your account or follow steps below: https://mayouthsoccer.sportsaffinity.com/Foundation/Login.aspx?sessionguid=
STEP 3: Complete CDC Concussion Training Certification.
- The 45+ minute Center for Disease Control training is the ONLY Mass Youth Soccer approved method for concussion training.
- Concussion Training must be completed every 2 years. Certificate must be dated Aug. 2019 or later for 20/21 soccer year.
- CDC is using a new platform, so everyone must create a CDC Train account before taking the course.
- Tips for CDC Train account set up as it gets complex and is not very clear:
- Group: Other
- Region: Region 4B lists Wellesley; If you live in a different town, search the regions for your town)
- You have to fill out your profile before you can register for a course:
- Organization Name: Wellesey United Soccer Club; Dept: Soccer; Title: Coach
- Professional Role: Volunteer
- Work Setting: Other; then type in Youth Sports Organization
- After you have created your profile setup, click on the Course Catalog tab and search for: HEADS UP to Youth Sports: Online Training for Coaches
- Select the Green Pre-Assessment button (it is 31 questions long!) to start
- After the pre-assessment, you will be able to launch the course. The site will save any incomplete progress.
- SAVE your completion certificate PDF to your computer.
CDC Account Creation link: https://www.train.org/cdctrain/user/register
STEP 4: Upload your SafeSport and your Concussion Training completion certificates to your MA Youth Soccer account.
- Login here: https://mayouthsoccer.sportsaffinity.com/Foundation/Login.aspx?sessionguid=
- Go to the Certificates tab
- Use the Click to Upload button in the SafeSport and Concussion Certificate blocks to upload your certificates. You do NOT need to upload your Driver's License.
- SafeSport may already show a SafeSport Training Completed image; If that is the case, you are all set. If not, upload your certificate
- You will need to upload your new Concussion Training Certificate. The date on your Concussion Training must be after Aug. 2019.
- You do NOT need to upload your Driver's License.
- You do NOT need to upload your CORI Acknowledgement Form/Verification
Lastly, if you NEVER coached/volunteered for WUSC before, you need to provide a one-time validation of identification. Two documents are needed.
Then follow the instructions below to send it in.
Send the signed CORI Acknowledgement form, along with a copy of the front of your Driver's License as validating ID, via email (scan or just take a legible picture) and send it to:
Signed CORI Acknowledgement receipt form and copy of Driver's license required.
NB: If you have previously coached with WUSC prior to Spring 2020, you do NOT need to re-submit your CORI acknowledgement to the registrar.
U.S. Soccer Connect Tech Support
If you are having issues with this system or downloading your forms, please contact tech support immediately. This system is not run by WYS, and we cannot help you with account set up or password issues.
Help line number: (800) 808-7195 or (855) 703-2558.